Posted on June 15, 2022
Closing on August 15, 2022
If you're searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we’ve got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team!
As an Accessibility Engineer, you will help develop interfaces for our various platforms and services. The work you do will help shape the development of the products and tools used by hundreds of people on various teams within WebstaurantStore, and will impact the experience for thousands of customers that visit our sites per day.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
We're looking for someone
- With 2-5 years of accessibility experience
- Who has in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.x
- Understands accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Effective working knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
- Experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
Things we value in a candidate
- Solid work ethic - you are motivated to learn, and work independently
- Dependability - you meet deadlines consistently, and can communicate roadblocks
- Problem solver - you can figure out random code bugs, or complex grid layouts
- Passion - you enjoy what you do, and getting to work with new technology
- Drive - you take the lead, and generate new ideas/concepts
- Good communication - you are able to document your work, and keep others informed about your tasks
Your daily job looks like
- Perform audits on a page or a section of page
- Review implemented code, and audit it for accessibility improvements
- Act as a subject matter expert in accessibility and help coach other developers on best practices
- Write documentation on accessibility topics that can be referenced by others on the team
- Improving the accessibility of our website during code sprints
- Assisting back-end developers with troubleshooting site bugs, or markup implementation
- Cross-browser, and WCAG testing all the code you write
What’s in it for you
- Competitive pay
- Annual Education stipend for learning and development
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, Game Day, and team events
- WebstaurantStore / The RestaurantStore discount to buy that awesome blender you’ve been wanting
- Annual Stipend for conferences and events to learn and connect from others in the industry
- Gym reimbursement and on-site fitness centers in the Pennsylvania and Florida offices
- A discount on your cell phone plan’s monthly bill
- Monthly day for growth and development
- 401k up to 10% match vested schedule over 6 years
- Yearly performance based bonus
What does our hiring process look like:
- A phone interview with a team manager to tell you about the company, position, answer any questions you might have, and more importantly find out about you. The goal is to find out if you could be a right fit for the team, and if we are a fit for you.
- Follow up panel interview. We could ask you general questions about development or accessibility to test your understanding of technologies. Additionally, we will be reviewing your communication skills, and how well you align with what we are looking for in a candidate.
- The final interview will be with the VP of Design where he can answer any additional company questions that you might have.
- We follow up with an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't the right fit.
If you are ready to be a part of our team, apply today by submitting your resume and examples of your work.
Remote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.