As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
We're looking for someone:
- With 2-5 years of accessibility experience
- Who has in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Understands accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Effective working knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
- Experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
Things we value in a candidate:
- Solid work ethic - you are motivated to learn, and work independently
- Dependability - you meet deadlines consistently, and can communicate roadblocks
- Problem solver - you can figure out random code bugs, or complex grid layouts
- Passion - you enjoy what you do, and getting to work with new technology
- Drive - you take the lead, and generate new ideas/concepts
- Good communication - you are able to document your work, and keep others informed about your tasks
Your daily job looks like:
- Review implemented code, and audit it for accessibility improvements
- Act as a subject matter expert in accessibility and help coach other developers on best practices
- Improving the accessibility of our website during code sprints
- Assisting back-end developers with troubleshooting site bugs, or markup implementation
- Cross-browser, and WCAG testing all the code you write
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible work schedule. Work the hours that make sense for you.
- Full remote work, semi-remote work up to 2 days/week, or work in the office
- Dog friendly office
- Onsite Fitness Center at our Florida and Pennsylvania offices, or percent paid for a Fitness Center of your choice
- Yearly education reimbursement
What does our hiring process look like:
- A phone interview with a Team Manager to tell you about the company, position, answer any questions you might have, and more importantly find out about you. The goal is to find out if you could be a right fit for the team, and if we are a fit for you.
- Follow up interview with other Team Managers, and the Director of Design. We could ask you general questions about development to test your understanding of technologies. Additionally, we will reviewing your communication skills, and how well you align with the things we value in a candidate.
- We make you an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't the right fit
If you are ready to be a part of our team, apply today by submitting your resume and examples of your work.