WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates Company and the Internet’s largest restaurant supplier, is looking for candidates who love technology to join our growing company as a Junior Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE).
This position is great for junior level IT professionals and offers plenty of opportunities for training and growth. Working directly with experienced DBREs, Site Reliability Engineers, and System Engineers, you'll gain the knowledge and experience necessary to succeed in today's IT environment. If you love finding solutions to making complex business processes run more efficiently, this is the position for you!
As a Jr. DBRE, you will:
- Protect, preserve, and ensure the availability of the data
- Measure and monitor database performance with more experienced members of the team to ensure optimal configuration settings are applied
- Document and automate processes to eliminate time spent on recurring tasks
- Build, test, and maintain self-serve tools for application and database developers
- Become proficient with available in-house developed and 3rd party tools
- Share responsibility for database security, backups, and maintenance tasks
- Participate in the on-call rotation and help implement fixes for issues as they come up so that they don’t occur again
- Possess a fundamental understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL queries
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic experience with PowerShell
- Understand relational data models
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Fundamental understanding of PostgreSQL and/or MariaDB/MySQL
- Basic understanding of git
- Familiar with scheduling systems
- Enjoy trying new technologies and techniques
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Jr. DBRE position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI, or WY).
H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 onlyRemote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.