1 3/8"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
$1.83/EachShips free with Plus
Other Available Sizes:
- High absorbency boar bristles retain and spread thin liquids more efficiently than nylon or silicone
- Bristles are durable, water resistant, and secured in ferrules to prevent shedding
- Lacquered hardwood handle with hanging loop and brown nylon ferrules
- Ideal for coating fluffy, fresh-baked pastries
- Great for delicate tasks
Other Products from this Line
1"W Round Boar Bristle Pastry/Decorating Brush
plus $2.49 / Each
2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $2.59 / Each
4"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with 12" Long Handle and Angled Head
plus $5.99 / Each
4"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $4.69 / Each
2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with 12" Long Handle and Angled Head
plus $3.29 / Each
3"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $3.79 / Each
1"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $1.29 / Each
|Length||8 3/8 Inches|
|Handle Length||6 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 3/8 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||2 Inches|
|Maximum Temperature||266 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is this wooden-handled utensil dishwasher safe?
- Utensils with wooden handles are not dishwasher safe; exposure to hot water can cause the wood to warp or splinter. These items should be hand washed and dried thoroughly. For optimal results, use a wood conditioner periodically to prolong the life of the wood.
- Why are the bristles falling out of my brush?
- To increase the longevity of your brush, we do not recommend using this brush in high heat applications. Although the bristles are set with a very strong epoxy, high temperatures can cause the epoxy to soften, resulting in loose bristles which may easily fall out.
- Will this item look exactly like the one that's pictured?
- This item is either made of wood or designed to mimic the look of natural wood. Because of the natural differences in wood, no two items will look exactly the same. Each item is designed from, or to look like, the same type of wood, but each will have its own unique appearance and wood-grain.
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
This beautiful wooden-handled 1 3/8"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush can be used for coating fluffy fresh baked pastries with butter, egg wash, or water. The gleaming lacquered hardwood handle and brown nylon ferrules give your kitchen a professional and high quality feeling, while the boar bristles are durable, water resistant, and snugly secure for basting meats and pastries. The fine make up and absorbency of the bristles is excellent for use applying thin liquids such as butter, olive oil, or vinegar-based marinades. Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is useful for other detailed kitchen tasks such as sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis. It features a 6" wooden handle and 1 3/8" brush width. The durable bristles can withstand up to 266 degrees Fahrenheit, while the frame between the handle and the bristles can be used in up to 176 degrees Fahrenheit.
Handle Length: 6"
Bristle Trim: 2"
Bristle Width: 1 3/8"
Length: 8 3/8"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
People Talk About:brush pastry bristles great egg butter nice easy bristle price
Arrange bySee All 111 Reviews
Natural brushes are always better than synthetic in my opinion, but but do tend to be more expensive. For the price this 1.5 inch brush is a great deal. This size is perfect for applying light sugar glaze. Time will tell how good the bristles stay in the brush. Obviously this is a hand wash only item.
These brushes were ordered for a pie class. These were perfect for the students to use, as they are lightweight yet they hold together enough for them to use
The quality of this pastry brush is great. A lot of people don't maintain them appropriately, which cuts the "shelf life" in less than half. So, for this review to be accurate for you, take good care of it. It will last.
Probably one of my favorite pastry brushes especially because the bristles don't easily fall out or loosen up after several uses. It picks up just enough glaze for my pies and fillings for my cakes.
This brush effectively coats pastry, while being soft enough to not make lines in delicate doughs. These also work well when coating roasted chickens with browning elements, as it is a nice size for getting into the nooks and crannies around joints.
Awesome pastry brush, great for applying butter and egg wash. The bristles spread out evenly throughout when applying sauce. Durable and easy to clean. Pleased with my purchase
Nice and soft, picks up anything from liquids to fats to dry salts. Bristles stay on the brush and do not fall out like many others.
Great pastry brush. Flexible but firm bristles perfect for brushing delicate doughs with egg wash. I've had it for several months and so far it appears sturdy and well made as it very rarely loses bristles.
The 1 1/2 boar bristle brush does a great job of spreading butter over toast and other pastries. It also works great for marinating or applying egg wash to pastries. It arrived in good condition and is a very good pastry brush.
I have used the product only once to date and I am as pleased as one would be in the purchase of a pastry brush. It the did the job required and there is no loss of bristles to date and I can onlt state I am satisfied with my purchase.
Great pastry brush at a great price! I use it to paint my flavor boost syrup on my Macarons and it works like a charm. Plus it cleans up super easy no matter what color syrup I'm using which is a huge plus. Has a small amount of shed but less than the other brushes I've tried. Great price too!
This pastry brush is exactly what I needed to work on my pastries. Natural is better than plastic for me. The product looks really well made
The perfect basting brush. These are nice and lightweight. They hold quite a bit of liquid and disperse it over a broad surface. They clean easily also.
This pastry brush was exactly what I needed-a quality, durable brush at a great price. The boar bristles on it hold a lot of liquid and spread it evenly. Highly recommend.
The brush came very nicely packaged so the bristles were not damaged when it arrived. The wood is very smooth, but the plastic holding the bristles does feel a bit light and cheap. Still a great product though. Hope it holds up to use.
Nice sized handle and the boar bristle transfers liquid very well, great for basting and for simple syruping cakes! Watch out for the bristles sneaking out of the brush on occasion though!
Great pastry brush. Perfect for basting or even adding an egg wash to any pastry. The bristles are nice and thick so you can ensure that you are getting a Knouff of the egg to hold onto it
This cheap but nice pastry brush has soft bristles which makes dusting excessive flour on my pastry dough easy. It's easy to clean as well.
So, I’ve been trying to learn how to make my own croissants at home. I made the mistake of trying to use a nylon brush to wipe off my excess flour. I realized in the video tutorials, everyone was using a stiff boar bristle, so I knew I had to get one. You can’t beat this price.
Impressed with this brush, especially given it's price! Much better than silicone or the other cheap ones out there. A heavy wood with quality bristles.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register