Regal Minced Onion - 5 lbs.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Sizes:
- Dehydrated minced onion pieces
- Longer shelf life than fresh onion
- Ready to use - saves preperation time
- Use with breads, sauces, soups, ground meat, and more
- Great for restaurants, pizza shops, and more
- 5 lb. container
- Kosher certified
Featured in:6 Recipes
|Package Size||5 Pounds|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Give your most popular mild or zesty foods an extra pinch of flavor with Regal minced onion! A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet taste. This minced onion is derived from dehydrated onion. The minced onion pieces are larger in size than granulated onion, offering a unique texture for a variety of kitchen applications. Cutting back on kitchen prep time, and ready to use as is, this minced onion is perfect to add to any recipe!
Whether you use it for breads, rolls, soups or sauces, this seasoning will infuse bold onion flavor into anything you make. Use minced onion for meatloaf, steak, or ground meats. It adds a full-bodied flavor to meat rubs, sauces, and marinades. You can even enhance your vegetarian fare and use minced onion to create a savory onion dip.
Since onion is traditionally used in many parts of the world, this versatile minced onion seasoning can be used for ethnic dishes, soups, casseroles, and more. It's easy to store and easy to use, while offering a longer shelf life than fresh onion. Convenient and great to always have on hand, Regal minced onion makes a perfect addition to your restaurant, pizza shop, or cafe!
Sold in a 5 lb. container.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Granulated Garlic - 5 lbs.
Bagcraft Papercon 300695 1/2 lb. EcoCraft Grease-Proof Natural Kraft Food Tray - 1000 / Case
Regal Chili Powder - 5 lbs.
Regal Granulated Onion - 12 oz.
Regal Granulated Garlic - 12 oz.
Regal Onion Powder - 9 oz.
Regal Parsley Flakes - 12 oz.
Regal Fancy Paprika - 5 lbs.
Overall User Rating: Regal Minced Onion - 5 lbs. ( 4.9 stars from 14 reviews )
I am especially pleased with the minced onions because I use them in a packaged dry soup mix and they do not clump up like the ones I bought from a previous supplier. Price was fair and delivery was quick!
Stacey J. from Saturn's All Natural Soups Posted on 03/03/2015
Thisonionis much better than the one I was using before. It is smaller and doesn't burn as easily. It is great on our everything bagels.
Jessica B. from Kaylees Bakery Posted on 12/01/2014
This was much cheaper than wholesale stores for the same product. It is nice to put these in soups that people would pick out onions.
Diane V. from Westminster Presbyterian Church Posted on 11/13/2014
Minced onion always comes in handy when you don't have fresh onions on hand. For our preparations, this works well and is much more convenient.
Scott B. Posted on 08/17/2014
We are happy with the Regal bulk minced onion. We use it to flavor cream cheese. It is good quality. We would recommend it to anyone who needs minced onion.
Eric H. from B.C. Bagels Posted on 03/26/2014
The Regal Bulk Minced Onion has been perfect for my home-based bagel business. And at a great price for the 5 pound container, I have no reason to shop for it elsewhere!
Aaron S. from Bam Bagel Posted on 01/22/2014
I have to say for my 1st time purchase I was so very impressed with everything. Great customer service, products, prices, fast shipping thank you.
Kathy S. Posted on 12/30/2013
This minced onion is great. The best price I can find anywhere. Shipping was fast and shipping fee is reasonable. Would recommend this to anyone else.
Andy L. Posted on 11/28/2013
These onions are great saves a lot of time chopping onions. the price is the best I have found. I will be buying these from now on.
Thomas W. from TRW Posted on 11/09/2013
We love the convenience at break time or lunch we just cover with water and instantly we have minced onions . Hot dogs, hamburgers, even soup and so easy to add to baked macaroni cheese.
John C. from marsh bay crafters Posted on 09/16/2013
Mince onion saved me the trouble of cutting up onions. (it makes everyone tears) I find this great with sautee-ing vegetables, as well as meat rubs for bbq
Roelh L. Posted on 11/07/2012
Very good minced onion! The price is right and the onion flakes are uniform and flavorful. We use in marinades and sauces with great results.
Carl H. Posted on 11/06/2012
If you don't want to cry yourself into tomorrow the Regal Minced Onions are for you. They sure are for me. I put them in hamburg, soups, chili. Anything that has moisture to turn them into fresh tasting onion. Thanks to Regal Minced Onions, I cry a lot less.
Paulette D. from Spirit of Hope/Butterfly Cafe Posted on 09/09/2012
Excellent value. We are caterers and we use large quantities of minced onions in our pasta and lasagna sauces. This is the best deal we have found and can not tell a difference in quality from any other brands.
Cindel S. from C&S Catering Service Posted on 08/30/2012
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register