Regal Bulk Onion Powder 4 lbs.
- To save more:Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
- No need to peel, slice, or dice
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Add an onion-sweet zest to any meal with Regal Onion Powder! This powder is made from finely ground dehydrated onions. Use this granulated seasoning as a quick and easy substitute for fresh onion. It's easy to use, requires less labor and prep time, and has a longer shelf life than fresh onion. No need to peel, slice, or dice! A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet flavor.
Regal Onion Powder is the perfect seasoning and condiment in chili and dry rubs. Mix with butter to create onion butter for vegetable enhancement, or mix into biscuit or bread batters, salad dressings, and any recipe where easy dispersion of onion flavor is needed.
Note: When substituting onion powder for fresh onion: One teaspoon of onion powder equals 1/3 cup fresh, chopped onion.
Sold in a 4 lb. jug.
Regal Herbs and Spices are a smart addition to any kitchen. Purchasing our bulk herbs and spices at wholesale prices saves you money!
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register