Stay on top of dirt, bacteria, and food build-up in your busy kitchen with our selection of food service chemicals! These cleaners, degreasers, detergents, and more are specially designed for food contact surfaces, giving safe and reliable results with each use. Just check out our handy guide below to determine how Noble chemicals can help keep your kitchen clean!
For highly effective cleaning, it’s important to figure out what kind of dirt you’re tackling. Soils can be divided into two categories, organic and inorganic. It’s important to pick a cleaner that’s designed for your needs to make sure you are making the most of your chemicals. A degreaser won’t do much for mineral buildup but it’s great on your griddle, just like delimer won't work for your grill but makes your dishwasher sparkle. All of our reliable food service chemicals are divided up by usage, so it’s easy to find the best formula for your needs.
The W.A.T.C.H. System
W.A.T.C.H. is an easy acronym to help remember the 5 key factors in effective cleaning. Maintaining the correct balance between each of these components will ensure your cleaning is the most effective and efficient it can be!
- Water: if you have hard water, more chemicals may be needed to achieve ideal results. Check product packaging for dilution and usage guidelines.
- Agitation: mechanical action creates friction that is necessary to optimize cleaning. Choosing the right scrubbers, mops, or other tools to clean will help speed up the process.
- Time: adequate time is necessary for detergents, sanitizers, and disinfectants to do their job
- Chemicals: concentration is key! Following proper dilution levels (for concentrates) and usage instructions will deliver effective results without incurring any damage to surfaces.
- Heat: cleaning power doubles with every 20 degree Fahrenheit increase in water temperature, so cleaning with hot water is most effective.
Kitchens are busy places, often outfitted with fryers, griddles, charbroilers, and other equipment that can easily be a source of grease. Removing grease regularly maintains both the quality and flavor of food as well as the integrity of your equipment and kitchen space.
- Decarbonizer / degreasers are a great choice for getting tough grease off of equipment.
- All purpose degreasers can be used on a wide array of surfaces throughout your kitchen.
- Citrus-based degreasers boast the incredible cleaning power of orange or other citrus fruit peel to cut through heavy grease, leaving a pleasant citrus scent.
Sanitizing & Disinfecting
Cleaning surfaces with soap and water removes visible dirt and some germs, but using an appropriate sanitizer or disinfectant is important to further ensure the safety of a surface.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces to a safe level thus reducing the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces or objects to reduce the risk of spreading infection.
Different sanitizers and disinfectants are used for different applications - the sanitizer in your three compartment sink may not be applicable for use on cutting boards, and your restrooms likely need to be sanitized with yet another product. When possible, choose a versatile formula to save time! 1 Gallon Noble Chemical Bacti-Free Third Sink Sanitizer - Ecolab® 17708 Alternative is a veritable workhorse that can be used in your third sink as well as on food contact surfaces around your kitchen.Shop for dish sanitizers Shop for surface sanitizers & disinfectants