"How many drinks will I get from one 5 gallon bag in box" is a common question. Although there is not a set number, let’s see how to get a rough estimate of how many drinks you would get from one 5 gallon bag in box.
- There are 640 total ounces per each 5 gallon bag in box.
- Your soda fountain system will mix water and syrup at a 5 to 1 ratio.
- Divide cup size by 6 for number of ounces of syrup used per cup.
Example for 10 oz. cup: 10 ÷ 6 = approximately 1.7
There are approximately 1.7 oz. of syrup used per each 10 oz. cup
- Divide ounces. of syrup used per cup by 640.
Example: 640 ÷ 1.7 = approximately 376
- This is the estimated number of servings per 5 gallon bag in box, not factoring in ice**
Estimated Servings Based on Cup Size
|Cup Size||Total oz. of syrup used||Total number of servings per each 5 gallon bag in box**|
|7 oz.||1 to 2||640|
|9 oz.||1 to 2||320 to 640|
|12 oz.||2 to 3||214 to 320|
|24 oz.||4 to 5||128 to 160|
|32 oz.||6 to 7||107 to 128|
** These estimates do not take into account the amount of ice in each cup. More ice per cup would require less syrup, thus more servings per each 5 gallon bag in box.
For more information on bag-in-box beverages and the savings your could see by switching to Fox's, check out this video!