Cut Sweet Potatoes in Light Syrup #10 Can
- Offers customers a comfort food that is both nutritious and satisfying
- Cut pieces are taken from the heart of a sweet potato for unmistakable, fresh flavor
- Packed in light syrup for extra sweetening without the calories
- Easy to cook on a stove top or in the microwave
- Approximately 19 (2/3 c.) servings per can
- Adds a pop of color to menu items
|Package Size||# 10 Can|
Customer questions about this product
- Why does the label on this product say "yam" and "sweet potato"? Isn't there a difference?
- When sweet potatoes were first introduced in the southern United States several decades ago, producers and shippers wanted to distinguish them from the more traditional white potatoes. To do so, the African word "nyami," referring to the starchy, edible root of the Dioscorea genus of plants, was adopted in its English form, "yam."
Because yams in the US are actually sweet potatoes, the US Department of Agriculture requires that the label "yam" always be accompanied by "sweet potato" to avoid confusion.
Use this #10 can of cut sweet potatoes in light syrup to create a sweetened side dish or holiday casserole! Each cut piece is taken from the heart of a sweet potato, giving it an unmistakable, fresh flavor. Whether you are pairing them with vegetables or mashing and topping them with marshmallows, this can of potatoes will provide your customers with a comfort food that is both nutritious and satisfying.
Packed in a light syrup for extra sweetening without the calories, this can boasts approximately 19 servings so you can double or triple your signature recipes and whip up a bulk supply for your diner, restaurant, or buffet. The potatoes are also easy to cook and can simply be added to a saucepan and stirred until hot. If you're using a microwave, place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl, cover it, and heat them on high power for 2 minutes. Serve candied sweet potatoes in a brown sugar blend or add a pop of natural, beautifully-bright orange color to menu items with this versatile can of cut sweet potatoes!
Brand may vary.
We always purchase these for holiday dinners. They make for great candied sweet potatoes with maple syrup, brown sugar, and spices. Definitely saves time over buying fresh and peeling and cutting them.
Eric L. Posted on 07/02/2014
Our family's favorite sweet potatoes for every holiday meal. We love that we can get this 10# can for such a great price saves us a lot of money!
Helene W. Posted on 12/10/2013
These sweet potatoes are great for making sweet potato pie! Easy to heat up and puree for a nice spread as well! Unique Yam dip works well with pita chips for an appetizer!!
Eric K. Posted on 10/18/2012
these Cut Yams are great. We use alot of the yams in our sweet potato casserol on our menue daily sells great. The price is right.Taste is great.
Angela H. from Harrison Familey Restaurant Posted on 02/24/2012
These yams are very good. Nothing beats these yams, hands down. I've never had a problem with them being dented. Been shipped in great shape. The flavor is excellent, and they never seem to last, i always have to open a new can every day due to demand.
Aaron h. from The new haven cafe Posted on 10/24/2011
The food item tastes very good... AGAIN CANS bent and dented badly... Arival time is very good... They have to stop sending damaged cans... Thanks
Linda D. Posted on 12/14/2010
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register