This Avantco IC1800 countertop induction range delivers superior usability and performance for all your cooking needs! Perfect for use in omelet stations, catering services, display cooking, and other light-duty applications, this induction unit is safer than conventional countertop ranges since there's no open flame or exposed burner; plus its innovative technology allows it to heat up in as little as 1 min. For added convenience, a built-in 175 minute timer allows you to keep track of your culinary creations, and you can cook using either a power level / wattage mode with 15 settings (500-1800W), or a temperature mode that ranges from 140 - 460 degrees Fahrenheit. Simply place an induction-ready pan or pot on the cooking surface and turn it on! Please consult the Specification Sheet for additional details.
- Accepts induction-ready pots or pans with a bottom diameter of 4 3/4" to 10 1/4"; best results come from using cookware with bottom diameter 8" or under
- Power level / wattage mode with 15 settings (500-1800W)
- Temperature mode from 140-460 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat generated in the bottom of the cookware for super-fast cooking speeds
- Easy to read digital display
- 175 min. timer (5 min. increments)
- Automatically switches to standby mode when cookware is removed from surface
- ETL and CE Listed, FCC Compliant; 120V and 1800W, a cord and NEMA 5-15P plug are included
Left to Right: 11 3/4"
Front to Back: 14 1/4"
Height: 3 1/2"
Please Note: The induction-ready pot or pan must remain in place during operation.
Good - This induction range by Avantco features 1800 watts of heating power, 10 temperature settings, a lockable keypad, auto shutoff, and a 60 minute timer to give you great performance in an affordable package.
Better - Avantco's IC1800 range has all the features of the smaller model, but with a 175 minute timer. Plus it is made of stainless steel for extra durability and is protected from overheating by a large, built-in fan.
Best - Vollrath's Mirage Pro range features 100 temperature settings, a 180 minute timer for incredibly precise control, and a stainless steel construction for premium performance and outstanding durability.
Customer Reviews for Avantco IC1800 Countertop Induction Range / Cooker - 120V, 1800 Watt
Overall User Rating:
stars from 10 reviews)
By Tim B.
From Bradshaw's Kitchen
Posted on 04/20/13
This unit performs admirably and cooks well. It has max power for 110 and has a good footprint. I like induction for simmering soups, sauces and stews. It keeps a nice even temperature very well.
There is a couple of issues, thought. I would rather have buttons to control the settings, as I continually bump the knob and change the setting accidentally. Also, my unit has an electrical hum that is very annoying. It seems to get louder the higher the setting. I don't know if this is a problem of the line, or just my unit.
All in all, this is a good unit for the price.
Thanks for your review! The noise that you are hearing is from a fan that works to prevent the induction range from overheating. WEBstaurantStore.com Customer Solutions
I normally don't write reviews, I made an exception in this case. So far this cooktop is excellent. It is quiet, it seems very well made, has a larger cooking area (better heat distribution), requires a larger footprint pan, 4 3/4 Minimum, not really a big deal. This unit seems to be of industrial quality. It WILL boil multiple pots of water without a problem. This is not the best looking unit out there, but thats NOT why I bought it. It WORKS! and looks professional, not to mention the pans/pots stay put on the cooking area. There is virtually NO vibration from operation, much quieter too. Time will tell, I am taking a gamble it will last for a long time as I'm not using it in a commercial capacity. It has been excellent-So Far. I'm going to have to buy a couple more pots with a larger footprint (base) but it's worth it, time savings, speed, ease of use, savings from not using my electric range. Good service from WEBstaurant Store as well, recieved in good condition and quickly.
I've been amateur cooking for nearly 50 years and always preferred gas. No more. Fire has it's place in BBQ, smoking, and high searing. I will still use my electric pressure cooker, sous vide and rice cooker. But induction cooking will handle all the rest.
1. It is fast. I did a quick experiment using a 3.5 qt steel pot, 2 quarts of cold tap water. My 12,000 BTW cooktop burner boiled the water in 14 min 30 seconds. The Avantco cooktop did it in 9 min 5 sec. As a control, I also boiled 1 quart of cold tap in an Adagio electric kettle and it took 4 minutes 30 seconds.
2. It won't burn food for difficult heating tasks. I needed to melt butter in a pnn for a roux. Setting the temperature to 210 I was able to turn my back and not worry about it. I am able to adjust the temperature from searing steaks to gently frying eggs. This makes these tasks really easy.
3. This Avantco is built very solidly. The basic structure is stainless steel. The top is glass. The only plastic is the knob for the power control and the front control panel. This could be used commercially.
Overall, this unit will earn its space on your kitchen's countertop over any other electric appliance.
Some manufacturers do not like it when we sell their products below their required minimums. In order to offer you the best possible deal, we ask that you simply place the item in your shopping cart to see our great price!
Why don't we show the price for this item?
We can sell this product for less than we're allowed to advertise!
One of our friendly Customer Service reps will be happy to give you the lowest possible price for this item! Click here for live chat, or call 717-392-7472 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
Click here for live chat, or call 717-392-7472 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.